Thursday, September 10, 2009

If you think last weekend was busy...

This weekend we will greet Uncle Jim and Aunt Cindy as they arrive from Chicago. Maria is on the Belgian coast studying with her Bio class. The twins have two volleyball games in Frankfurt, Germany, and we are going on an overnight to watch them play. We'll take in the sights in Frankfurt and then tour Grande Place in Brussels on Sunday. Then on Monday the kids will be back in school, Bob will be off on a quick trip to the US and Jim and Cindy will be on their way to Paris. And me? It looks like I might have time to play golf!!

3 comments:

  1. That does sound busy. If you need a nice sidetrip to add on, Burg Eltz Castle is 1hr 45min from Frankfurt and quite a sight. We stopped at it on one of our breaks on our motorcycle trip this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dallas you read my mind!!! We just got back from Germany and we stopped at Burg Eltz Castle. It was a great tour, even better than the touristy Neuschwanstein Castle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie!
    Have been thinking about you a lot lately, wondering how you've been?!
    Lisa Foust and I just recently got back in touch and she had forward your blog address to me. Also, I had a recent customer (a Dairy Queen Owner) from Jerseyville that knows your folks, Kevin Traub. (small world!)
    Your family is just beautiful!!! How long have you and your family lived in Beligum? What a wonderful experience for all of you! My Dad was a fighter pilot (back in the day)at the Bitburg Air Base in the early sixties. That's when I came along! :) My sister and I spoke German fluently until we came back to the states. Anyway...I would love to hear from you. My email is: rhk@purdyproducts.com

    Very Best Wishes to you and your family!!!
    love, Becky

    Becky Husemoller Kay
    (Mark Kay)

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...