Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Doge's Palace in Venice


The Doge's Palace in Venice was unbelievable. Like I said before, we have hundreds of pictures from our trip. All the pictures are great but somehow even Bob's superb camera skills couldn't catch the beauty of the palace. It didn't help him that pictures were forbidden and most of his shots were illegal! The picture above is of a secret box built into the wall. Venetians could write a complaint on a piece of paper, drop it into the mouth of the monster on the wall and let it fall into a collection box. I need one of those complaint boxes at my house. Although most of the notes would say, "Don't make us empty the dishwasher." or "I am tired of eating vegetables." or the most popular "Quit writing about us on your blog!"



1 comment:

  1. we were just there a few weeks ago. We took the "secret tour" where you could see Casanova's jail cell. Funny! It was beautiful. I have to post my pictures.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...