Saturday, February 7, 2009

My newest illness...Don't worry it's not what you think


Polish Pottery has now replaced my obsession for Vera Bradley which replaced my obsession for Longaberger baskets. It's an illness!

Yesterday I went to the Polish Pottery outlet in the Netherlands. Streaming through the outlet nonstop were carloads of expats buying the best and most creative pottery ever created. It is really made in Poland and sold only selectively at a handfull of outlets. You rarely see it in stores although there is rumor that every once in a while, they have a few pieces at TJMaxx and Marshalls in the US. We can also find it at bazaars and special events in our area but never as cheap as at the outlet.

We drove for 2 hours and my thoughtful friend had brought coffee that we drank out of Polish Pottery cups! When we arrived I was in shock. I can only compare it to the Vera Bradley sale in Fort Wayne minus the waiting in line and hordes of people. There was so much pottery that I was slightly overwhelmed. After I got my bearings, shopping was no problem. I focused on the pattern "spring garden" and anything that had the peacock circle pattern. Jackpot!! I had a wonderful time. The picture above shows a sample of the handpainted pottery. It was all so pretty and I spent a little more $ than I thought I would!

Let's just say God put that outlet 2 hours away for a reason; so Julie couldn't go there very often!!

5 comments:

  1. When my sister and her husband were stationed in Germany, they often traveled to Poland to buy pottery. She has quite a collection.

    My mom and I are secretly hoping they'll get stationed there again so we can buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, my addiction to Vera Bradley isn't quite over. So......I'll get you some pottery if you get me something from the big Vera Bradley sale in April! One Polish Pottery lasagna pan = one VB miller bag. Please tell Chris hello for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's really pretty. I'm glad you were able to find some great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ronna says that the pottery is absolutely beautiful! What fun to find something new and different like this! Hope all is well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading about your experience to the Polish Pottery Outlet. I've always wanted to check it out, so a few friends and I are heading up there in April on a Friday. Can't wait to see all of their unique pieces. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...