Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Explain

I understand this sign.  It means the store is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  Right?  Isn't that what 24/7 means?
If I am right about 24/7, then this sign is confusing to me.  Does it mean that this store is open 7 hours a day 7 days a week?  That's what it should mean right?  In English the sign says "Open 7/7 days without appointment".  The actual posted hours are on the other door and it states that they are open 10-20 which is really 10am to 8pm.  That is clearly more than 7 hours a day.  This isn't the only place that has a sign saying Open 7/7.  The DeliTraitor, our version of a convenience store, also has a sign that says "Open 7/7 from 7:30 to 22:00".  Maybe it means they are only open on July 7.  I hope everyone writes in to explain this to me.  Maybe it is as clear as can be and I just don't understand!

3 comments:

  1. In my hunt for an answer, I found this blog having the same discussion: http://greatcreativeneutralcountry.blogspot.com/2008/09/open-77_29.html

    Maybe it's like saying, "open 7 days out of 7 days."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer your search showed me I am not alone in my confusion! I think you are right about the 7 days out of 7 days idea. It still sounds silly to me that they would even have to advertise that. Hope all is well with the boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in France, it is rare for a store to be open every day of the week. Most shops are closed on Sunday and then again on Monday! So, any store that is open 7/7 is a great place to shop if you need something on a Sunday or a Monday.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...