Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fore!!!! Golf on Saturday


Bob and I played golf yesterday. Bob's swing is so different than it used to be. He stays centered but gets a lot of power without looking like he is putting forth too much effort. (Bill, you would approve!) I spent most of the day in the right hand rough. My game was all over the place, I lost 3 balls and 3 putted practically every hole. The number 7 came up very frequently on my score card which doesn't add up to a very good round of golf. We walked the whole course and had some great exercise, but my game was horrible.
On the up side, the weather was beautiful. So far the Belgium summer has been great without too much rain and lots of sun.
Question: When you play golf in French speaking Belgium, and someone hits a ball very near another player, should you yell "FORE!" or "QUATRE!"?

3 comments:

  1. I just asked Kent for you...it's still "FORE!"

    I love the cute cartoon picture - I love having the women's tees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Julie, we even have SENIOR tees on our golf course!! And I'm still struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Senior tees? How many more years until I can use those? Your game is better than mine, but wouldn't it be great to play together?

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...