Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Prom Part 1


We were only home from Cairo for 8 hours when it was time to get started on Prom preparations. When you order a wrist corsage or a boutonniere from the florists around here, it is really uncertain what you will actually get when you pick up your flowers. Some kids have had good luck but most of the time the Prom dates are disappointed. The wrist corsage is as big as the girl's arm or the boutonniere has a fern that reaches all the way up to the boy's ear!
Some of us very creative moms have taken over the floral industry and made Prom flowers for a good portion of the high school kids. We had so much fun!
We started early in the morning and shopped for flowers at the outdoor market. This is just a small portion of the beautiful roses we bought.We worked for a solid two hours creating pre ordered Prom flowers. Above are a few of my friends working around the dining room table at our house. Where is everyone else? I think they might be entertaining Bob and my dad in the kitchen...That is where the food and drink were located!!! Below are the wrist corsages and matching boutonnieres.

Beautiful!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I am impressed. What a mom. I still have the corsage Kirk bought me for my high school prom. So indeed they are important. Way to go. Can't wait to see prom photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea for you guys to make them!

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...