Saturday, October 27, 2012

Commitment to Blog

You have no idea how much guilt I carry when I don't post on this blog!  I have a Facebook account so I tend to put quick pics on there instead of blogging.  I really don't like Facebook very much.  Right now it is filled with political comments and status updates from the same people everyday.  I don't write more than a sentence on Facebook which is quite depressing since I LOVE writing my thoughts on this blog.

Since we returned to the US, I really didn't think I had done anything that seemed exciting enough to write about.  Hmmm.  I was wrong.  Here are the things that have happened since my last blog post on Sept. 11...

  • I have had 3 mammograms, 2 biopsies and a lumpectomy.  All is fine, thank goodness.  Going through a breast cancer scare in October when everything is pink and awareness is highlighted at every turn, is not ideal.
  • Maria was on TV practically every weekend with her sideline work with the Purdue football team.  She is a Trainer and wants to be a physical therapist.  It is so cool to see her heading toward her goal.
  • We have been to 3 Purdue football games and watched them lose A LOT!! My hopes of following the team (and Maria) to a bowl game in a warm location on New Year's is slowly slipping away.
  • Leah and Jenn have adjusted well to their new high school.  They are so lucky to go through new things as a team.  They walk into a new situation as a pair with an automatic best friend.  Lucky girls.  They have learned that every school has a "mean girl", maybe even more than one.  I hate when another kid makes my kids cry.  I hope my kids are never the one who makes anyone else cry.  On a positive note, their grades are excellent.
  • Leah and Jenn are playing with the New World Youth Orchestra in Indy. Leah just found out she is 1st chair Bassist. Jenn is 2nd chair, 2nd stand.
  • Bob got to stay home for much of the time when I was going through my tests and surgery.  That was nice.  He is now back on the fast track of traveling to places near (Chicago) and far (South America and Zurich).
  • Bob and I got to travel to the Ryder Cup in Chicago.  We had a great time watching the US let their lead slip away.  This was probably the last Ryder Cup we will go to since the next one will be back in Europe 2 years from now.  We are slightly interested in going to more golf matches closer to home.
  • We got a Pool!!!
  • We got a new deck!!!
  • We finished the kitchen remodel!!!
  • We got a new HVAC system!!!
  • We have no money left and will be eating peanut butter sandwiches for dinner for the next 3 years.  Just kidding.  We have saved the entire time we were in Europe and Bob has worked really hard.
Well that's what we have been up to.  I guess we have done some pretty exciting things since moving back to the US!

 

3 comments:

  1. Glad everything turned out OK. I'm glad you are back to blogging as I enjoy your posts. I am heading to AZ for a visit next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where is the Eiffel Tower telescope hanging?

    May you be safe and protected from inner and outer harm
    May you be helalhy and strong of body

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ted! The Eiffel Tower is hanging in Bob's office. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...