Monday, November 12, 2012

Working Girl

This week I was lucky enough to work Monday through Friday.  I am a teacher and I can't ever remember a day when I didn't like my chosen profession.  I have NEVER said, "I hate my job."  Working with kids gives me so much fulfillment.  They want to learn and share and grow.

I was teaching 2nd grade in the same classroom all week at the school where I used to teach.  I was next door to an old friend and ate lunch each day with some of my old teammates.  It was great!

One of the highlights of the week was the Veterens Day celebration this afternoon.  Any Veteren or active military personel with a child/grandchild/niece/nephew/etc at the school was invited to a very special ceremony.  The school choir say God Bless America and 2 other patriotic selections.  The Veterens were asked to stand while their branch of the military was called and then they paraded across the stage with their school age child and introduced themselves. It was very special. I remember Bob's dad even got to come to this celebration years ago when the girls were in elementary shcool.This annual event has always been a favorite with all the kids and teachers. If you click on the link below, you will see a report from 2006 when the mayor visited my classroom on Vet's Day!  (The funny thing is I didn't even know that picture existed until I googled "Sugar Grove Vets Day Greenwood"!)

http://www.greenwood.in.gov/egov/docs/1163538115648.htm

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...