Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Merry Christmas Vacation!

We had a very nice vacation in Sicily for the Christmas holiday! I promise to post lots of pictures tomorrow, but for now I am desperately trying to figure out my new computer! It is VERY fast! I was so used to my antiquated model...I could wash a load of laundry, scramble some eggs and shovel the snow off the driveway while I waited for it boot up each day. Now this new computer has an odd keyboard and none of my normal shortcuts are visible. I will get the hang of it but it will take time.

We were one of the few flights to actaully get out of Brussels on the 21st of Dec due to snow delays and lack of deicer for the planes. Sicily was a great distraction to all the snow. (more later...promise) When we returned to Brussels on the 28th, we saw that again we were lucky to get back into the country. Flights were cancelled and delayed all over Europe, but especially coming out of London and the US. Unfortunately for all the people who didn't make their flights or connections, their luggage was stuck in Brussels and the baggage claim area looked like something similar to this...Shocking!! I hope all those people got their luggage eventually!


No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...