Friday, November 11, 2011

I thought I had nothing to write about today, but I changed my mind.  Today is November 11 and here in Belgium that means it is Armistice Day or in the US, Veteren's Day.  I am very thankful for my father in law who faught in WWII.  Because of him and many other US and European veterens, we have the freedom we enjoy everyday.
And because I am so thankful, I have declared that today is Thanksgiving.  On the real Thanksgiving we will be back in the US.  This means that we will enjoy great TV with my favorite parades and Bob's favorite football.  Unfortunately, we have no kitchen at our house in the US to cook our Thanksgiving dinner.  It is in the process of being remodeled so I have a crock pot, an outdoor grill and a microwave.  Some of you crafty people might say you could whip up a fabulous Thanksgiving feast with less appliances that those, but I am not that confident in my creative cooking abilities.  So, the kids don't have school and Bob doesn't have to work because of Armistice Day.  We will feast on turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cauliflower, fresh bread and pumpkin spice muffins.  Sounds like Thanksgiving to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...