Monday, November 21, 2011

A poem by Jennifer

I’m From
by Jennifer

 
I’m from swaying cornfields
And our friendly neighborhood,
That frightening forest in our backyard
And all those small hostas that had grown into monstrous plants.


I’m from “Love your sisters”
the twin speech,
and the “Let’s Go” song.


I’m from homegrown wild strawberries
And rollie pollies crawling in my hands,
Those pesky bunnies eating petunias
And our wasp infested swing set.


I’m from sharing a room with my twin
And looking up to my older sister.
I’m from Zelda, Mario, and SALLY,
From Life, Clue, and Careers.


I’m from a camper with a porta-potty
And marshmallows on a stick.
I’m from those Smokey Mountains
And miniature golf.


I’m from rhinestones and black stretchy leotards,
Tap shoes, and pink tights.
I’m from playing with Barbies in the cold basement
And Polly Pocket shoes lost around the house.


I’m from all these memories that have shaped my life
to where it is now.

1 comment:

  1. Claudia did the same thing in school this year.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...