Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas 2011

 Christmas 2011 was absolutely wonderful, the best one yet.  ( I know I said this about my 2011 summer too.  Life is good! )  I just wish we had taken more pictures of the family stuff.  The pics above and below were taken on Dec. 22 and then I have no account of anything after until Dec. 27.  So I have no pictures of Bob's parents or Uncle Jim and Aunt Cindy or the homemade ravioli.  I have no pictures of my parents or all our present opening or Bob and my Dad playing golf on Christmas day or my Mom's beautiful Santa centerpiece and tree.  I know we took pictures of all these things but they are nowhere to be found.  It is sad.  The best picture I took was of Bob opening a gift from my brother and his wife.  The gift was the biography of Obama.  Bob's facial expressions of disgust were priceless and I caught all of them on film.  You will just have to use your imagination.
Leah, Jennifer and I were supposed to leave for the United States on Dec. 22 but there was a rumor that all of Belgium would be crippled by a huge transportation strike on that day so we left a day early.  The strike turned out to be nothing but we got to start our celebrating a little early.  We took the train from Grandma and Grandpa's house and went to State Street and Michigan Ave in Chicago to see the beautiful decorations and have lunch at the Walnut Room in Marshall Fields (oops Macy's).  The pictures are of the girls in front of the giant tree in the restaurant.  It was a banner day celebrating our 1st day back in the US with Starbucks, Macy's, Frango Mints, the Salvation Army bells and popcorn munched while walking down the cold streets of Chicago.  It was good to be home!
We had wonderful food in Chicago with a trip to Frank's restaurant where we always eat too much. Then we had our Christmas celebration with homemade ravioli made by Mary and Primo.  Bob and I had a chance to try out my new Nike+GPS app and walked/ran all over his old neighborhood.  The weather was beautiful.

After getting our fill of Chicago, we drove to Jerseyville to spend Christmas with Nana and Papa.  The weather was so nice Bob got to play golf on Christmas day and try out his new putter.  My dad and I used my Nike app again and walked 5 miles all over town!  He is in great shape.  Mom made her famous pork roast for Christmas dinner with Maria's favorite pumpkin pie for dessert.
The girls got some fun gifts.  Leah loves her Kindle, Jenn made something right away with her sewing machine and Maria took pictures with her new camera.  Thank you notes are on their way Nana.
From Jerseyville we went back to Indiana to regroup and check out the remodel project on the house.  We had to finalize kitchen cabinets and appliances.  This project has taken a long time to complete but it will be beautiful when it is done.
Then on Dec. 27 we flew to . . . Hmmm Where would the Biasi Family go while in the US???

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Christmas was the best. We loved having you all here. The last time I saw your little card for the pictures was the one I copied on to my computer from Bob. Do you have that one?

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...