Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jane Goodall

Never in a million years did I ever think we would/could meet Jane Goodall.  To me, she is someone you read about or watch and learn from in books and on the National Geographic chanel.  On May 15, Leah, Jenn and I went to hear Jane Goodall speak at the International School of Brussels.  She came to the girls' school!! 
Did you know Jane Goodall is 86?  She was full of spunk throughout her speach.  She told us that her greatest hero was her mother because she helped Jane nurture her her childhood dream to travel to Africa and work with animals.  When Jane was 23 and needed a chaperone while she studied in the jungles of Africa, her mother put her own life aside and lived with Jane in a tent in the wilderness for 4 months.  My children ask favors of me all the time but none of them has needed me in such a huge way!
Jenn, friend Caroline and Leah with their books written by Jane Goodall.

Poor quality pic, sorry.

Jane Goodall, Jenn and Leah getting their books signed.
We learned how Jane Goodall began her studies and never stopped.  She was an inspiration to us and I hope Leah and Jenn will never forget the opportunity they were given to meet her in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...