Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mussels in Brussels

After my Mom and Dad finished their Baltic cruise they returned to visit us in Brussels.  Since there is no rest for the weary, the next day I took them along to do a little shopping to prepare for my golf trip the next week.  While we were out, we just HAD to take a little break at the beautiful Grande Place.




We had lunch at one of my favorite places, Chez Leon.  This famous eatery right off Grande Place is THE place to eat mussels in Brussels.  The food was delicious!  The seasons do dictate which mussel dishes are available at certain times of the year, so Mom and I both had baked mussels.  Mom's lunch was mussels cooked in escargot butter and mine were baked with red sauce and cheese.  It looked like a mussel pizza with no crust.  Dad chose to have black and white sausages, which we all thought were great too.  We topped off out lunches with the house draft beer.  It was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...