Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Moving Mania

I have lots of things to blog about right now but I just can't sit down long enough to get anything posted.  I still need to put on pictures from our golf trip to Scotland.  I also need to add info from my trip with Bob to Portugal and the Twins' trip to Normandy.  We have been traveling!

Most importantly, we are getting ready to move.  There is so much to do.  Go back and read some of posts from 2008 when I first started this blog and you will see exactly what I am spending my time on only in reverse...  legal junk, car transfer to US, organize pack, banking, school registration, doctor visits, arranging of flights, canceling all household stuff, selling off European appliances, plan a few more trips, etc.
I am trying to clean out drawers and closets which has made me ask 4 simple questions...  How do people (14 year olds) accumulate so much little junk?  Why do grown men (Bob) like tools and gadgets so much?  Do we have to save stuff  (shoes and purses) that a grown child (Maria) hasn't seen or touched in 2 years? And finally, knowing how much people (me) hate cleaning up other people's junk, why do I accumulate so much stuff too?!?

We aren't spending all of our time laboring over the move.  We are traveling a lot and enjoying our friends as much as we can.  The pictures below are of our bike ride this weekend in the Belgian forest near the girls' school.
Leah and Jenn at the end of the trail.
Bob and Jenn with Leah far ahead in the distance.  The trees are even bigger than the picture show.
This is the little lake we bike around.  You can just see the swans on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...