Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hello - Goodbye

My luncheon table.  I am so proud of all the food!!
Before everyone started their summer, I hosted a Hello-Goodbye party.  I invited all of my friends.  When everyone arrived they were given a name tag which either read Hello or Goodbye.  If a guest was moving they wore the Goodbye tag and if they were not, they wore the Hello tag.  I have so many friends moving this year which is a little depressing for the people who are staying in Belgium.  I wanted this party to be a celebration of friendship, a chance to say goodbye to all my friends and finally a chance for the people who were not moving to connect with friends.


Jackie, Laurie and Clare

Shirley, me, Cristy and Brandi  With us is also a concrete replica of Mannekin Pis.  This is my going away gift and it's a fountain!  We all laughed so hard.  Cristy took all of these great pictures.



Lucinda and Brandi

Outside on the patio.  6 of these ladies are moving.

Kim, Ellen, Janet and Simonne

Me and Lucinda and her beautiful baby
Shirley, Simonne and Ingrid

Shirley and me

Debbie and Sonia

Leslie and Mimi.  Leslie was just visiting us in Belgium.  She moved last year so her name tag said, "Gone"
More on the patio.

Janet and Lisa

Goodbye!

1 comment:

  1. You throw a beautiful party. The goodbyes were hard and too frequent when we were a USMC family.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...