Sunday, March 22, 2015

Arizona Day 2

Today we hiked to the Chapel of the Holy Cross. This beautiful church is built into the red rocks of Sedona. You can drive up the mountain to see it or you can hike a 4.5 mile loop on the Little Horse Trail and Chapel Trail. We hiked! We have great pictures on the good camera (not iphone) that I will add when we get home. It was a gorgeous day and we all got a little sunburned. Our legs hurt too after that hike!  The church itself was something we won't forget. 
After our hike we spent the rest of the day in Sedona. We shopped and ate another great mexican meal. My whole idea of visiting restaurents from the Food Network each day went out the window. In order to continue with my plan we would have had to leave the main area of Sedona and we weren't willing to do that just for a restaurant. So on days were we don't make it to my planned restaurant I'll just let you know if the establishment we did visit would be worth a spot on any of the Food Network shows. Taos Cafe gets a big thumbs up from me. I had the most creative salad called a Taco Wedge. Delicious!


2 comments:

  1. I totally love that chapel. I've got tons of photos of it, inside of it, outside of it, the view from it...love it! Don't forget to go to Jerome while you're in the neighborhood. Totally fun time, too! And if you make it back to Sedona, have the buffalo prime rib at the Cowboy Club. Not to be missed. Keep on having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...