Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thankful in March

It doesn't have to be Thanksgiving for you to be thankful. Yesterday Bob had a meeting in Chicago so I rode along. We also took his parents so they could visit with friends and Bob's older brother. The twins stayed home to go to school and track practice. I left plenty of food in the fridge but I think they had slurpies from the gas station for dinner.That's ok sometimes!

I had to pick up my passport in downtown Chicago at the Brazilian embassy so Bob dropped me off in the city before he and his parents headed to the suburbs. (We had originally planned a trip to Brazil in January. I had to get a visa for travel. We didn't end up going but my passport was already being processed before the change of plans. So my passport was at the consulate and could only be picked up in person from 12pm to 1pm. There are lots of rules!) 

I had an entire day all by myself in downtown Chicago!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful!
And here is how I spent my day...
1. Stopped in at Target. City Target is much different than suburb Target. Prices were much higher on everything. It's a two story store with a very cool escalator just for carts. I bought a pack of gum and I'm thankful I shop at Target in the suburbs and not the city. 
2. I had an awesome coupon for Carson Pierre Scott. $50 off any clothing purchase of $50 or more. Carsons used to be a great Midwest department store. We have a fairly good one in Indy with 3 floors and lots of merchandise. The only one I could find in downtown Chicago was 11 blocks from Target and very tiny. You could see the entire "department" store and all its contents from the entrance. I had a hard time spending that coupon!! With the deduction of my discount I spent a total of $1.60 and walked out with a bag full of socks and tshirts. I'm thankful I am a smart shopper.
3. I took a cab to the Brazilian embassy  because it was 17 blocks from Carsons. I'm thankful I didn't have to walk.
4. I arrived WAY before 12pm for my passport pickup time. I'm thankful I have an iPhone to keep me occupied while waiting. 
5.  After leaving the embassy I started walking north on Michigan Ave. After 2 blocks I realized I had left my Carsons bag on the bench at the embassy! All that shopping would go to waste! I went back and found my bag and I'm thankful it was still there.  
6.  I walked to Ann Taylor to spend another $40 off coupon. I found nothing so I gave my coupon to another lady. She was thankful. 
7. I spent the rest the day in my favorite store. Marshall Fields (Macy's) on State Street. I love that place. I spent the rest of the afternoon casually shopping and I'm thankful that store has never closed even when Macy's took it over. 
8. My final destination was the Art Institute. Bob picked me up at the entrance to the modern art wing. I'm thankful they have comfortable couches by their entrance because I really needed a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...