Sunday, May 28, 2017

15 years old

May I present to you my prized clematis plant!
 This plant is 15 years old! It was planted before we had a deck or a fence. The part of the house behind the plant was originally our screened in porch. The plant just hung out and climbed around the corner back then. During the construction of the above mentioned items, the plant was sad looking and sparse but it came back even better the next spring with the fence to grab onto and spread out.
 Each fall I trim back all the vines. And in the spring I baby the plant carefully wrapping vines around  the fence.
At last count there were close to 300 flowers!  In this photo you can even see the clematis creeping into the deck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...