Friday, June 2, 2017

We had a very nice Memorial Day weekend in Indiana.  The Indy 500 race is the most anticipated event but we did not go. For me it's a "once and done" kind of thing. I have been and had a great time but I don't need to do it again.

Leah and Jenn were both home. Of course Maria is always here along with Primo and Nary. That means each meal is festive with 7 people around the table.

Jenn drove home from Kentucky but Leah doesn't have a car at Purdue so I volunteered to pick her up. When we got home the house smelled like a pizzeria! Bob had made 3 batches of pizza dough and whipped up thin crust and deep dish pizzas. One pizza even had eggplant on it. Delicious!


The girls helped Bob build a wall at his mom and dad's house. I will post more pictures this week. The wall isn't all the way finished but it is definitely beautiful!

Bob made BBQ chicken. That meal was super. He uses a dry rub on the chicken first. That, combined with my homemade BBQ sauce makes for a delicious main dish.


I tried a new potato salad recipe which we will never eat again. It was horrible! It looked pretty but tasted yucky. My dessert was the most exciting part. I made and old fashioned jello poke cake. It was delicious!!!
 We also went to the Chinese restaurant I talked about in an earlier post. It was fun to be together!!! The best part of the weekend was the Memorial Day celebration at our church. It was ver patriotic with lots of music, Mass, the Knights of Columbus, a 21 gun salute by the American Legion, taps and a reception. We appreciate Primo's service in the Navy in WW2 and take every opportunity to honor him!


No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...