Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10-10-10

Oct. 10, 2010, was Bob's 49th birthday. Leah and Jennifer made his favorite cake. They made a yellow cake with chocolate icing. (see my note about icing at the bottom of this post) Bob started his birthday with church and a nice lunch with Maria in the USA. He ended his celebration with a steak dinner with the rest of the family in Belgium the next day. It was extra special because his parents are visiting us and they chimed in to sing "Happy Birthday" too. So Happy 49th Birthday Bob!!
When I made the icing for the cake, I used a recipe as old as my marriage. The card is torn and tattered and called "Ruth's Icing". I originally got the recipe from my mom. I have an Aunt Ruth, who reads this blog regularly, so I am guessing this recipe was originally hers. It is always perfect and tastes even better when I use that full fat Belgian butter. So . . .Thanks Aunt Ruth. Your recipe is our family favorite!

2 comments:

  1. That is Aunt Ruth's recipe. We use it, too. She's a star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my favorite type of cake also! It looks great! Happy "late" birthday Bob!

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...