Monday, October 4, 2010

Ryder Cup Review





The Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor in Wales was a wonderful experience. We had planned the trip for at least a year and everything went perfectly. We couldn't control the weather and ended up enduring days of rain. If you watched the matches on TV, you saw beautiful and pristine fairways and putting greens. What you didn't see were walking paths covered in flowing water, grassy areas with no grass but all mud and grandstands with four inch deap mud at their entrance. No cameras or phones were allowed on the course so I had to take these pictures from Google.

These are not our feet but our shoes were twice as muddy. I left my boots in the hotel room and didn't even bring them back home with me!

My umbrella is black. Can you see me?

I watched a photographer take this photo. He was down on his hands and knees in the water and mud. Good shot!

We are already looking forward to the next Ryder Cup at Medina Country Club in Chicago. Hopefully it won't rain and the United States team will win!

1 comment:

  1. Are those your ticket stubs. HOw wet did you get??? Looked really muddy and cold from here.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...