Sunday, October 30, 2011

Single Socks

I have this continuing problem with missing socks.  Maybe I am not the only person who suffers from this problem.  Where do the socks go?  I really don't think the washer or the dryer eats them and I don't think our laundry lady (me) is slacking in her job and losing them when she folds the wash.  After laying out all our single socks on the counter in the laundry room, I made a horrific discovery...   
None of the missing socks belong to me.  They belong to people in my family who are older than 49 and younger than 47.  Interesting.

4 comments:

  1. This made me chuckle out loud! We struggle with the same thing...so you are definitely not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have this problem, but that I only wash my socks and my hubby socks, all socks always match up.
    so, must of been my children who caused all the sock problems. sounds like that is your problem too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the children are the problem. Some of the socks even belong to the child who lives in another country! There are a few socks that belong to my husband and I think he has left their mates in hotels all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the sock gnome, folks. There's one in every household.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...