Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Parents Weekend at Purdue was a blast!  We got the see Maria do her thing on the football field as a trainer for the Purdue Big Ten Football Team.  She was great!  None of the players got hurt so she didn't have to administer CPR or carry that big stretcher out onto the field.
It was a quick trip for Bob and me but it was so nice to be there.  I am sure it is hard for Maria having her parents so far away.  We can't just stop by for the weekend without it being a major event with international flights and tons of planning. 
Bob and I actually flew from different locations.  He traveled from Zurich and I came from Brussels.  Bob's travel was flawless, mine was not.  My flight took a detour to Canada so I ended up landing in Montreal, Toronto and finally Indianapolis.  My luggage was lost somewhere between Brussels and Montreal so every time I went through customs I was questioned because I had traveled across an ocean without anything but a purse...very suspicious.  While in Canada trying to arrange to find a way to Indy, I made a few phone calls on my US phone not knowing that I racked up $900 in roaming charges!  AT&T thought my phone was stolen and alerted me.  When we figured out what had happened, AT&T charged me $30 for the error and wiped out the $900 fee.  I can't say enough about their kindness.
And in a blink, our weekend was over.  Bob and I traveled back to Brussels together and landed all in one piece.  The twins had a great weekend too being "babysat" by their old teacher, Mr. A.  He took them to volleyball games, taught them how to make Carbonara and introduced them to a TV channel called MTV.  :)  Now they can cook and listen to music at the same time.  (To clarify, I think it is actually a video channel and not MTV because it is just music and not reality TV.)  I think they had just as much fun as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...