Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Blog

I really enjoy working on this blog.  I usually don't spend too much time with it but I post when I want and try to keep the family updated.  I have noticed that all I ever write about or post pictures of are the kids so I have vowed to spice things up a little.  Christmas in Europe is magical (if you know where to go!) so I will have some great opportunities to share new things on the blog.

This new Christmas layout was so much work! I started out at 10pm thinking I would just get rid of the turkeys and put on some santas.  Easy and usually a 5 minute task.  I always use The Cutest Blog on the Block for my blog backgrounds and for some reason I just couldn't get rid of the turkey background and put up a new one.  I tried and tried and wasted way too much time.  Finally I realized there were probably other sources for backgrounds and I switched to another and another and another.  Then I called my brother, not for help with my blog but just for a distraction.  He doesn't read my blog anyway so asking him would not have helped.  Sometime in there I also called my mother, did a load of laundry, made a cup of decaf, forced the girls to go to bed, sent an email to the tax guy and eventually changed the background.  I glanced at the clock and saw that it was now 12:30am and I could have been sleeping!!!
The new Christmas look is very cute but it has many flaws.  Did you notice them?  My pictures on the side are not on the right anymore and they are in reverse order.  I could fix the order problem but it would take up too much time.  Our name appears at the top of the blog twice.  I really worked hard on removing the extra label and it was impossible.  The type is hard to read now but I am stuck with that until I change the background again and that won't happen until after Christmas. We are just stuck with mistakes and will enjoy the holly and candy canes until after the holidays.
Happy December 1!

1 comment:

  1. I haver a very close friend who uses the software at memory mixer (http://www.memorymixer.com/)? She loves the software and will be using it for her blog background.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...