Saturday, April 21, 2012

Easter

We are back from our 2 week Spring Break in the US.  Here are a few of the wonderful and fun things we did.
  • Visited Maria at Purdue numerous times.  She even spent Easter weekend with us at home.  Leah and Jenn also got to spend the night at Maria's sorority house.  Rumor has it that they witnessed quite a few typical college activities and even attended her chemistry class. I only had one rule...The girls were not allowed to enter a Fraternity house after the sun went down!
  • I went to Target 10 times.  Just doing my part to assist in the growth of the economy.
  • We hosted Easter dinner with both sets of grandparents.  We have very little furniture in that house but seating didn't really matter.  It was nice to have everyone together.
  • Leah and Jenn took the entrance exam to Roncalli High School.  They even had to sit through an interview!  They passed and will be Freshmen in the fall.  That is hard to believe.
  • We took Maria shopping to get her ready for her upcoming trip to China.  She will spend a month there with a study group from Purdue.  But first she has to finish her Sophomore year in college.  Only 2 weeks left!
  • Bob and his brother spent days getting the house ready for the kitchen installation.  The cabinets, counters and appliances are all installed.  All we need is running water in the sink and we are all set to cook a meal.  I will post before and after photos soon.
I would love to sit down, post pictures and go on and on about our impending move back to the States but I just don't have time!  If you read this blog at the beginning in 2008 you know I organized and cleaned out everything we owned before moving here 4 years ago.  Now its time to move again and I have all the same tasks to complete.  Yes we have less junk but it still has to be sorted.  I have one drawer filled with pamphlets from places we have traveled.  That will be a fun one to clean out!  Maybe I will attack that one right now tomorrow!

    1 comment:

    1. hope your move back goes smoothly

      good rule about no frat houses after dark. Did you know I worked as a fraternity cook for 2.5 years? back when I was crazy :)

      ReplyDelete

    tailgate memories

    Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...