Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day I tried to be very festive. On Pinterest I searched  for heart shaped food. I came up with lots of great ideas. I was determined to make a few things that the kids would enjoy. Of the three things I made, only one worked out really well.

My first attempt at making heart-shaped food is below. The first picture is a step-by-step direction of what I was trying to make. And the second picture is how my version actually turned out.
My attempt does not look very appetizing.

I also tried to make this heart shaped bacon. It doesn't look like much of a heart. At least it tasted good. We had heart-shaped bacon BLTs. 

My final attempt at Valentine's Day food was heart-shaped cinnamon rolls. These are the easiest of my three items and they turned out the best. It was so simple. I just bought a can of cinnamon rolls. I cut each roll in half. I unrolled each roll and rerolled to make two small rolls. I attached the bottoms to a point and I ended up with the cutest little hearts. My hands were full of cinnamon by the end but it was worth it. They tasted great and looked good too!


On St. Patrick's Day I will just color everything green.

1 comment:

  1. Even big kids like hearts, I am hungry and this breakfast food looks good to me right now.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...