Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cable TV

Shhhhhh...Bob is on the phone with the TV cable company, Telenet. When our neighbors moved out on Oct. 24 and disconnected their cable, our cable was disconnected by mistake. We can see the shows but there is a huge red box over the picture. We have been told it would take 5 days to fix the problem but that was 10 days ago. I just heard Bob say to the company, "The one thing this country doesn't have is customer service." He is absolutely right. Here are more examples of the same problem.



Bob and I went to buy golf pull carts. We asked the man at the sports store if there were anymore in the back so we wouldn't have to buy the floor model. This was our conversation.

Bob - Do you have anymore of these carts in the back of the store?
Worker - No
Bob - Could you look?
Worker - We have none.
Bob - Are you sure?
Worker - Yes
Bob - Would you at least go and look?
Worker - OK but we have none.
...10 minutes later
Worker - Here are more from the back. Take your pick of styles.

And another example...I had a small accident with the Infiniti and went to pick up the car from the repair shop after waiting 3 weeks. Here is the conversation.

Julie - Hi. I am here to pick up my Infiniti. It was to be finished today.
Worker - What is your car?
Julie - The Infiniti.
Worker - Oh, that one is bad.
Julie - What do you mean?
Worker - It is bad, no good.
Julie - Is it finished?
Worker - Of course, no.
Julie - Will it be done soon?
Worker - I do not know.
Julie - Could you find out?
Worker - It is not my job.
Julie - Could you get someone else who can answer my questions?
Worker - I am on my break.
Julie - Please?
Worker goes and gets the owners daughter.
Owners Daughter - We will call you today to let you know when the car will be done.
They close at 4:00 (or 16:00) so I showed up at 3:45.
Julie to Owners Daughter - I thought you were going to call me today.
Owners Daughter - I did not call you?
Julie - No you did not. When will my car be done?
Owners Daughter - I do not know. I will call you.
Julie - You have had my car for over 3 weeks. Where is my car? Can you at least give me a loaner car to drive while you figure things out?
Owners Daughter - Your car is in there. (pointing to the huge garage filled with men smoking cigarettes and standing around) You can have this loaner car. (pointing to a very small red car) I will call you. (pointing to the phone)

I am still waiting for the call and we still don't have cable.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie! Great to meet you today at the club. I have had fun catching up on your blog and your sweet family. You can check us out at www.willinghamexpatadventures.blogspot.com Good luck with the brocante sorting. Hope to see you again soon! Reid

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...