Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving but here in Belgium it's just another day. The kids have school and Bob has to go to work. We will have our big Thanksgiving meal on Saturday when everyone is home and can enjoy the smell of turkey roasting. Right now I am trying to make cranberry sauce from scratch. I found 3 very sorry looking bags of Ocean Spray Cranberries at the store yesterday. They were screaming to be taken out of the grocery store where they were being ignored by all the Belgians. Later today I am going on a hunt to find real sweat potatoes, another hard to find item. I will probably have the most luck at the outdoor market. I ordered a turkey from the Irish Butcher and a friend gave me a giant can of pumpkin for pies. It looks like our feast is almost ready to go.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Thanks for stopping by my photo blog, The Gr8ful Grind and leaving a post. I have a good friend who is teaching in Germany this year and am following her exploits through a blog similar to yours. I've bookmarked your blog and can now watch your daily postings, too. Agin, thank you for your kind comments. May your day be one of unexpected joy.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or "Again" as the case may be...sheesh!

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...