Monday, November 9, 2009

TV fame in Miami

We have been to Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis and finally Miami!
I had no idea the weather would be so beautiful, the people so nice and the shopping so diverse. Our hotel was superb and our rooms had more square footage than our first home! We went to the pool and the beach where we actually saw swimwear and clothing choices more like those we would see in Europe. (Use your imagination.)
I hadn't planned anything in regards to daily activities. Bob and the girls had something else in mind......

In Belgium, there are very few television shows in English but every evening, on a cable channel, the girls and Bob can watch some reality shows that are normally on TLC in the US (I think). One of the shows is Miami Ink. Please don't think we are tattoo enthusiasts but the four of them really enjoy watching other people permanently paint their bodies. Think what you want, but entertainment in English is coveted in our house and now they are somewhat hooked on the characters and their stories. The show is actually filmed in a tattoo parlor in Miami and before I knew what was ahead of me, the entire family was on their way to Miami Ink. Yes, Bob and I took our kids to a tattoo parlor. We bought t-shirts and convinced one of the highlighted artists, Darren Brass, on the show to pose for a picture with us. He even signed Jennifer's cast!


I am taking all four of them to the symphony for a concert as soon as possible. They need some culture!

2 comments:

  1. Too cool! We have caught this show several times ourselves and I must admit, they are some of the best artists I have ever seen...their canvas just happens to be skin! What a great time you must have had! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun!! I love that show!

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...