Friday, November 20, 2009

American Woman's Club

http://www.awcb.org/awcb/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=187&catid=94&Itemid=2978

Click on the link above to read about the American Woman's Club Holiday Bazaar. This is a huge event with lots of vendors selling specialized gifts, European crafts and other holiday items. Also taking place at the same time is an enormous Brocante. (That is a fancy word for Garage Sale.) I am charge of the huge undertaking. Our donations for sale filled 2 moving vans! We accepted the donations over the last year and spent the past 2 weeks boxing everything up. Setting all of the junk up again at the covered outdoor location was another big job. Some of my very wonderful friends put in more time than I ever expected! The sale starts tomorrow and continues through Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a huge job. Glad it was so successful! I am now officially old enough to say, "No, I will just help - let someone else be in charge."

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...