Friday, January 8, 2010

The Recipe Box

Over this holiday I tried to make an effort to attack and clean the parts of the house that don't get much attention...the drawers of the desk we never sit at, the cabinet above the TV which I thought was empty, the closet in the guest bedroom, etc etc. I even cleaned out my recipe box. Here are a few of the recipes I found.

"Fake Guacamole"? Seriously? Asparagus instead of avocados? In what country would I ever live that they wouldn't have avocados? Yuck!! I threw this one away.
Why did I need to write this one down?I had six of these coupons for a free kids meal at Chili's. They don't expire but the twins will be old ladies by the time I get around to remembering I have them at the same time I am at the restaurant that is only located in a country I only visit twice a year.
Grandma's recipes are so thorough! This one for Macaroni Salad took up two sides of the recipe card. I have never made it but it stays in the recipe box because it's from Grandma.
Beets? Spinach? I cut this out of a magazine in the 90's. What made me think anyone in our family would eat it? It got tossed. (Ha Ha Good pun!)

Here is another that got tossed. Pimento cheese? Deviled ham?I think this post-it has the ingredients for the best cookie I have ever eaten. If I am correct, it came from my friend Sue...I sure hope you are reading the blog, Sue...I need more info! Is this your delicious and oh so popular Oreo cookie recipe? How do I make the first 3 ingredients into the outer parts of the cookie? Now I am hungry! Help!

And finally, Texas Cake Icing. This is the best icing in the entire world. It's a keeper.

2 comments:

  1. Julie, you really do have most of the recipe.
    Mix 1 box of chocolate cake mix with 2 eggs and 1 Cup of oil. use cookie scoop to place on baking sheet bake for 9 min. at 350.
    Icing - 1 stick of butter softened mixed with 1 tsp. of vanilla or 1 tsp of almond extract(our favorite) and 1 box of powdered sugar.
    After cookies cool make a sandwich with 2 cookies and icing. Enjoy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Sue! I knew you would respond. You just earned yourself a special box of Belgian Chocolate Truffles in return for your kindness. White, Dark or Milk chocolate? I will let you know how the cookies turn out.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...