Monday, January 18, 2010

Welcome Home Infiniti - "I promise never to hit anything again."

My car is finally fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you follow this blog, you know I have been without my beloved Infiniti since Oct. 23. I love that car! It used to be Bob's and he enjoyed driving it just as much as I do. It has a sun roof, heated seats and more get up and go than Tiger woods on the run from his estranged wife. I was almost afraid to pick it up out fear that it would be painted orange or not quite as perfect as it used to be. But here is is!...
And below is the piece of junk I had to drive while we waited for my Infiniti parts to arrive from Russia. The loaner car was from the repair shop called Carrosserie W.O. (care-o-sir-ee woo) These words were written on both sides of the car so I was free advertisement for them while I drove all over Brussels. A friend of mine called it the WOO CAR. You even had to crank the windows by hand. The twins got a big kick out this feature. To them it was as novel as a record player.
If I had to do it over again, I probably would not bring a car to a foreign country. The red tape to get it legalized took over a year to complete. Oddly enough, I got the final ok from the Belgian government for plates and legal vehicle status while the car was in the shop for its 2 1/2 month repair. Ironic.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I have it now. I am no longer an anonymous mom. And I love the red ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom. The background is for Valentine's Day. I didn't want to go too overboard with the decorations. For about 10 minutes I had a conversation heart background but it was just too busy.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...