Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Epic"


For some reason, I never was a mom who enjoyed sleepovers. The thought of hosting one for Maria was a little daunting. I had baby/toddler twins too and just couldn't handle the idea of having more children in my house. Maria had one or two friends over but never the big "sleepover". She attended them at other homes but we never had one of our own. Somehow something has changed. For the third time this year, the twins are hosting an "epic" sleepover. 7 girls spent the night eating pizza, watching movies, eating icecream, watching more movies and eventually sleeping. I hardly knew they were here because they were way up on the top floor of the house. The conversations I did hear were fun and easygoing, mostly about teachers, fashion, movies, music and facebook. One word I heard over and over was "epic". It was a little overused and described practically everything. That teacher is epic. This food is epic. The house is epic. That movie is epic. Their lives are epic! I think I counted hearing the word 32 times.
It was an epic party!

1 comment:

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...