Friday, December 13, 2013

More musings on Zurich

It's quite odd to be back in Europe.  Truthfully it feels like I never left. It makes me smile to see huge pilies of croissants laid out and ready to sell early in the morning. I giggle when I see all of the businessmen hurrying to catch the train looking extractly alike in their skinny pants and scarves. And I look on with jealousy as I see people shopping for veggies at the outdoor market. I miss it!

Right now Bob and I are flying to Brussels. He will go directly to a meeting and I will go directly to my old friends and enjoy their company for an entire day. I can't wait! I won't list here all of our Brussels activities but I will let them unfold through pictures in my next few posts. 

(Note: it's day 5 of our trip and we still don't have our luggage!!) 

I took the photo below from my seat on the airplane. If you look closely you can see a big pile of pretzel croissants. These were part of our very civilized Swissair breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a great visit back. Thinking about the markets and croissants makes me miss Brussels.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...