Saturday, December 28, 2013

Ready for the holidays!

Our original holiday plan was to take the girls on a trip. None of us really need any gifts. The most important thing we can give each other is our time together. After living in Europe for all those years, we really got used to traveling and we are good at it! Bob and I hatched a plan to surprise the girls with a trip to San Fransisco. But....Bob cannot keep a secret and right after Thanksgiving he gave the girls so many hints that they could easily guess our destination. I knew this would happen. After 27 years I know that Bob has never been able to keep exciting secrets to himself. So I fooled them all and changed the vacation a little. Our Christmas plan would now include a stop in Breckenridge, CO, to spend 3 days with my brother and his wife, their 3 kids and our mom and dad. As I write this, that part of the vacation is over and we are now heading to San Francisco.

Again I realized that no gift can ever be as important as the time we spend together. Our pictures from that leg of the trip are so special and we all had so much fun. The pictures below are just a few teasers from the many I will post later

Mom and me in the great outdoors
Some of the cousins getting ready to go dog sledding
The traditional Christmas puzzle
My brother and me taking selfies!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I can't believe you were in San Francisco and I missed seeing you. I hope you had a great trip and if you're still here, send me an email. I'd love to meet up.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...