Thursday, September 25, 2008





In all of Belgium there is just one Starbucks. I know that may sound odd to you especially if you live somewhere like I used to where there is a Starbucks on every corner! Our lonesome Starbucks is located inside the Brussels Airport.


Last week some friends and I took a road trip to the airport to have a cup of coffee! We paid to park and waited in line at the brand new Starbucks. It was worth every euro cent to have a nice cup of the daily blend and grab a bag of freshly ground Verona to take home. If you know me well, you know that I am not particular when it comes to coffee. I will drink everything from $.79 gas station coffee to $3.99 Starbucks. Getting a cup of Joe to go in this part of the universe is not normal. In fact, it really isn't normal to get anything to go...Come to think of it, the cars don't even have cup holders!

1 comment:

  1. I was having my coffee while I read that. It made me chuckle. Get one of those Tassimo machines and a package of to go cups and make your own. The kids could have a "coffee stand".

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...