Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weather Report


Thursday, September 25th, 2008
Thursday Afternoon
Temperature: 61°F
Sunny with cloudy periods. Windy at times.

Thursday Evening
Temperature: 57°F
Clear with cloudy periods. Windy at times.


I must do laundry today. As you can see from the weather report, it's not the best day for hanging your clothes out on the clothesline. Unfortunately, our weather is like this most of the time. It's so funny that I have high speed wireless internet, beautiful kitchen appliances, central heat, two cars, even cable tv, plus a variety of other amenities, but no dryer. The enormous dryer sits quietly in the laundry room. A special transformer is on its way to our house. Then another electrician is going to work his magic to try to connect my American dryer. In hind site, we should have left the silly thing in Indiana!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie!
    I've enjoyed your blog, too.

    Here's some good news -the transformer has arrived in Belgium! I hope it clears customs and arrives before Bob travels again.

    I had to ship it on a pallet - it's smaller than a 10 ream box of paper - but it weighs almost 200 lbs (90 kilos)!

    Wishing you dry clothes soon :)

    All my best,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Julie! I just read the comment from Barbara. It looks as though you may have dry clothes soon!! Just think - jeans without 5 zillion difficult to remove wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...