Monday, June 9, 2008

Balance of time

Wow! We have soooooooo much to do! Clean clean clean!!!!!

I am not enjoying the "getting ready" part of moving to Belgium. All I really want to do is visit with friends and enjoy Indiana. Cleaning and applying for Visas is getting in the way of my last few weeks in the town where my family has gown and matured over the last 12 years.

When Bob and I were first married and living in Chicago, Bob said he could never live in Indiana because their license plates were so ugly. Eventually, we did end up moving to Greenwood, IN and we have never regretted it. We had one of those ugly license plates when we first moved here. Eventually the license plates changed and so did our family. The twins were born in Greenwood, Maria grew up into a lady and we all made everlasting and wonderful friends. Now we are moving to Overijse, Belgium, just outside of Brussels. This move isn't forever, just 2-3 years. Nevertheless, it is still hard to leave.

Maybe that is why I just can't finish cleaning and preparing. I know if and when I get my tasks done, it will be time to move.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I know where Greenwood is. We lived in Bloomington for two years - my favorite place to live so far - and we'd drive to Greenwood to go to the mall.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...