Friday, October 10, 2008

National Debt

I have received many many emails about the public urinating on our street. Some were funny and others were informative. No matter what kind of email you sent, it was great to hear from you!!

I have a little more to add to the same topic. Some of you may already know this, but in many parts of the larger European cities you have to pay to go to the bathroom. On the highway it's in the form of a coin operated turn style. At some restaurants and gas stations there is an attendant sitting at a little table waiting for your payment. And at the mall the attendant has her own reception desk! In most cases the fee is around 30-45 euro cents and the facilities are usually clean. I will assume the men using our street as a urinal are trying to avoid the fee to use the restroom.

It is this idea of paying to use a public restroom that brings me to the plan of erasing the National Debt in the US. If we could just start charging $.50, the equivalent of 30 euro cents, to use all bathrooms then I think we could really make a dent in the debt the US has accumulated. Of course then my American friends might start to experience the same public urination problems that I have on my street.

You know I am just kidding but every little bit could help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...