Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chocolate Shopping

Tuesday was my lucky day. I was taken to the secret location of the Neuhaus Chocolate outlet. It's not really a secret, but it isn't exactly easy to find. I had a great time and got to sample the newest chocolates along with the old standbys available in the stores. This place was full of bargains and I came home with enough chocolate to share with all our friends when we come back in October.

I also made my first trip to IKEA. What a cool place!!! We had a Swedish lunch and shopped for bargains. I had no idea it was so large and so close to my house. There is no school tomorrow or Friday so the girls and I are going back.

Today was my first day as a volunteer at the International Community Center. I am one of 5 people teaching English to kids from the Belgium public schools. They are bused to the ICC and take a class on Wednesday afternoons in hopes to build their skills in English. The local kids don't have school on Wednesday afternoons and they fill their time with extra curricular activities such as language, music or sports. I really enjoyed working with the kids and trying to communicate. I know exactly how they feel. They are trying to learn my language and for the past two months I have been trying to learn theirs. The class is going to be fun. I worked with 10 year olds today but next week I will be assigned the 14 year olds. They are a little more advanced and I have decided we will read some Roald Dahl poetry, one of my favorite authors.

All in all, it's been a great week so far...even though I still don't have a dryer!

1 comment:

  1. I just read your blog and enjoyed reading about you, Bob, and the kids. Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...