Sunday, October 5, 2008

The most popular house on the street...



The street in front of my house has become very popular lately. There are two reasons for its popularity. The first is very odd and I have wondered and wondered how to put our observations into words. To put it bluntly, the trees across the street have become the gathering place for public urinating. I am not kidding. Men drive down our street, stop their cars and pee. On more than one occasion, the girls have said, "Mom they're doing it again." This isn't a problem that is exclusive to my street. You can see men peeing on the side of the highway, on a back street and even on the street in the city. Word must have gotten out that our neck of the woods is the place to go when you have to go!

The other reason for my street's popularity has to do with the picture above. Many of my neighbors have been stopping in front of my house and collecting the prickly prizes holding the almighty chestnut. Roasting chestnuts smell great but taste awful. I think it must be an acquired taste. Between the squirrels and the collectors, they should all be gone in the next week or two. Maybe the trees bear so much fruit because they have been extra fertilized!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...