Thursday, October 22, 2015

Forced organization

One of the areas affected by our little flood was a bedroom closet in the basement. Before the flood it didn't look too bad. If you needed wrapping paper, a pipe cleaner, zig zag scissors or some ribbon, glue, glitter or embroidery floss you could easily find it. Because The drywall was soaking wet and the floor was wet too we had to take everything out of the closet. I couldn't believe how much craft crap I had collected over the years. While digging through the mess I realized I have kept things way too long. Many things are going to Good Will or the trash. Most of the cross stitch and scrap booking supplies are leaving the house. I haven't done any of that in 15-20 years!! I did find the cutest little scrapbook Maria made with her sisters. It's very elementary but adorable. In it was this picture from Halloween 2001.  
Aren't Leah and Jenn cute? They were 4 in this picture. Jennifer wanted so badly to be a tiger that year. I have no idea why. And Leah wanted to be a cheerleader. She really didn't care about the color of the costume or the team. She just wanted to have pom poms. As a funny side note, Bob was always the one who walked the girls around the neighborhood. He would smoke a cigar and take them to all the houses that gave the best candy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...