Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I'm glad I'm not 17

We are busy this week. The girls are on fall break so we are visiting colleges. Leah and Jenn have worked hard so they can really go just about anywhere. I'm very tired of listening to those repetitive admissions presentations. They are all the same and soooooo boring. We visited 5 schools so far and we have 2 left this week. There are 2 more schools that were applied to but they are far away and not as easy to visit. 
Here is what I have learned so far:
•College is rediculously expensive. 
•The most elite schools have the worst admissions/tour program. They think they are good but they are all exactly the same cookie cutter speeches. 
•College food is not healthy. Every school except one has showed us food trucks and fast food options. Show me the cafeteria! And while they are showing us where the real food is, they should show us where the kids will sleep! 
•Students either wear boots or flip flops. That's it. I saw no other footwear. 
•On a college tour the guide is the key. On our list of schools there was one that I was sure would be the winner and the tour was so bad that the girls have no interest anymore. On the other hand, the school that I thought they wouldn't like was the absolute winner so far. 
•I'm glad I am not 17 and have to make this decision. It's tough to choose a college and a major!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...