Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It never snows in Belgium!


Everyone said, "It never snows in Belgium" and we believed them. On Monday we got about 6 inches of snow right during the morning rush hour. It took the girls one and a half hours to get to school on the bus. The picture above is small but click on it and it will get bigger. I can't quite figure out how to make the twins' eyes normal looking so they have a weird glow to them! Anyway, the snow wasn't a good packing snow but somehow Leah and Jennifer figured out how to make a giant chair on the back patio. It took 3 hours and the following supplies to make their creation; a bucket, 2 badminton rackets, 5 pair of gloves, 2 mugs of hot chocolate, 2 jump ropes, 1 small cooler, a snow shovel and two changes of clothing. They had so much fun! It must be so unique to be a twin and have your best friend ready to play, fight or create at any moment. This was one of those times where I stood at the door and watched their relationship unfold. They are a lucky pair!

2 comments:

  1. My daughter, Claudia needs a twin.
    They are lucky to have each other and it probably makes your life a little easier too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew how lucky I was to be a twin until YOU had twins! Now I appreciate what I probably did not appreciate then.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...