Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Troc Treasures

Below are the treasures I found yesterday at a Troc. When I described a Troc to my dad, he said it sounded like a glorified garage sale. In actuality, he is right but Trocs have no clothing or bins of McDonalds Happy Meal toys!
Here are my purchases. I also got a boring coat hook for my laundry room but it wasn't picture worthy.
I love this decanter and six shot glasses. Printed on the front is the word Obervellach. After a little research, I found out Obervellach is a town in Austria. It's nestled in a valley of the Alps and is a ski destination. The decanter, shown up close below, has a sticker which says it is hand painted.

On the left is something I have wanted for a very long time. It's a brass umbrella holder. Up close you can see it is shaped like an upside down umbrella...oh so clever. Now I have to find all my big, Mary Poppins style umbrellas! The box on the right is a wine case. The Troc I went to had a few of them in different sizes. This one holds 2 bottles of wine and was originally used as a promotional item for a winery. (according to the internet) My intention is to put two fabulous bottles of wine inside it and give it to Bob. I hope he doesn't read the blog in the next couple of months!



3 comments:

  1. I love the wine holder and the umbrella stand as well!!! You definitely need to introduce me to your new garage sale! It was wonderful eating lunch with you today as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love finds like these that are instant treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronna says that your recent purchases look so cool and I loved seeing pictures of all of you!

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...