Saturday, August 28, 2010

Time to catch up!

We have been back in Belgium for a week but I just haven't had time to update the blog. Since I last wrote, we have taken Maria to college, celebrated my birthday and got the twins started in 7th grade-Middle School!

Maria's start to college has gone very well. She has a wonderful roommate (a friend from Belgium) and the coolest Euro style room. Once settled at Purdue, she met a few old friends from her Indiana high school days and many new friends from all over the US. She started classes on Monday and feels really settled. She celebrated her 19th birthday without us, which was sad for me, but she had a fabulous day. Thanks to all our friends who texted, sent her cards, called and sent fun little gifts. Her day was full of fun and ended with a party of 10 for dinner at 9 Irish Brothers, a famous go to place at Purdue. How did she already find 10 kids to celebrate with?

Leah and Jenn are in Middle School and for the first time ever they have different teachers and different schedules. They are ready! I think they miss Maria and talk to her on Facebook, mostly for clothing and hair advice. 7th grade should be a fun year.

If my friends and family don't mind reading more about China, I will spend the next 2 days finishing up my report on our wonderful trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...