Saturday, January 22, 2011

Some Stats

After 3 years of blogging, it's time to take some stock. First of all, looking at the pictures, the girlw have grown so much! Take a look at some of my beginning posts from 2008. The girls look so young!

My blog also has a nifty button that show me the stats for usage. For example, since the beginning, 18,341 people have stopped by to view my blog. That is an average of 20 hits per day. Some days there are just 2 hits (my mom and Bob's mom of course!!!) But other days, like yesterday, 57 people read my blog! Of that 57, only some were from readers who actually landed on the blog on purpose. Those are people who know us and check in frequently to see what is happening. Most of them are friends, family or other people who are expats too and want to know more about life in Belgium. I can't tell exactly who stops by just numbers of general readers from different areas. The other readers are accidental ones. For example, if you Google "moving to Overijse" you will be given the option to go to my blog entry where I mentioned those actual words. If you Google the words "goat market Sicily" in images, the 4th picture you see is the girls and there isn't even a goat in the picture!

Sometimes it is hard to come up with things to write about. I promise to write more this year. That goal along with about 49 other things are all part of my huge New Year's Resolution. My plan is to get a lot done this year!

3 comments:

  1. And some of us just live semi-vicariously through others...*Chuckle*

    But I certainly understand the taking stock, the wondering who's really out there, sometimes getting tired of having the feeling of a responsibility to do this.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! My life is no where near as exciting as yours so I enjoy the opportunity to "experience" another part of the world through your great blog. Keep it up and I look forward to another great year of the Biasi Family Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't even mention what you have to google in order to get my blog.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...