Monday, June 22, 2015

Lisbon #10

Today I am on my own. Our hotel is on a beautiful tree lined street with walkways down the middle. Last night, on our way to that delicious dinner we watched a band play and on the way back we heard another band and watched people dance to Portuguese music. This morning that parkway has transformed into more of a shopping promenade.  The further I walked the better the shopping got. At one point the parkway opened up into a huge and very busy square! I'm typing this post from a seat outside this outdoor cafe. 
And this is going on around me. 
On my way here I found a shop selling linen and pottery, two of my favorite things!!! I only spent 20€ but I got 4 very cool items. They are already packed away for traveling so I'll have to take pictures later. I found another linen store that was completely different but still Portuguese and really nice. I bought a little more table linen! I walked and walked and bought a few small things for the girls. 
Along the way I have seen some really fun things!



1 comment:

  1. What was that tall weirdo building? Were those cherries in those glasses? Can't wait to see the pics of your purchases.

    ReplyDelete

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...