Thursday, June 25, 2015

Argentan #15

I have mastered the car, the GPS and driving in the countryside! This morning I decided to drive north to L'Aigle and tour the needle and pin museum and Bohin Factory. I put the address into the GPS and set out. The most direct route led me all over the back roads of northern France. 
I passed through many little towns. 
The roads I used will be closed on July 10 and 11 for the Tour de France!
When I arrived at the factory I was a little shocked because I was just blindly driving and I really had no idea if I was going to the right place. 
These beauties live next to the factory. 
The tour of Bohin was very interesting. Benjamin Bohin was a brilliant man who revolutionized manufacturing beginning in1833.  He originally produced tin and wood boxes but then moved into the needle and pin business. The factory was spotless but the story of Benjamin was the most interesting part of the tour. At the end of the tour you could buy many of the items they produce in France. Of course I had to buy a few things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tailgate memories

Having our twins at the same college was just perfect.  Bob and I were able to enjoy Leah and Jenn and their college journey together.  The...